The Forestry Pro is the enhanced model of the Forestry 550 Laser Rangefinder. This widely used and praised forestry industry specific laser rangefinder is now equipped with three-point measurement capability to meet market demands. This newly added function enables a user to obtain the height of a tree even when the top or base of a tree is blocked by branches or bushes, preventing the use of conventional separation measurement where the laser beam is required to reach those points.
1. Measurement unit (m/yd./ft.)
3. Actual (linear) Distance
4. Horizontal Distance
5. Angle (º)
Measurement example (Three-point measurement: height between two points)
When three-point measurement is achieved, the height between points 2 and 3 is displayed on the internal LCD with Hor Hgt+Hgt2 (solid), and Hgt(2) and Ang(2) are shown on the external LCD. Points 2 and 3 can be reversed.
Measurement example (two-point height measurement)
When the measurement is successful, you see the height from the base to the top displayed on the internal LCD with Hgt + Hgt2 (solid).
For more information, refer to the external LCD.
"Base" and "Top" can be switched.
- In addition to actual distance, horizontal distance, height, angle and vertical separation (difference in height between two targets) measurement functions, three-point measurement (height between two points) is available
- The results are displayed on both internal and external LCD panels. The external panel displays all results simultaneously.
- Two measurement modes (Target Priority Switch System) are available:
- First Target Priority Mode displays the range to the nearest target taken from multiple results obtained with a single measurement.
- Distant Target Priority Mode displays the range to the farthest target taken from multiple results obtained with a single measurement – especially useful for forestry and hunting.
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating produces bright images.
- Waterproof (up to 1 meter for 10 minutes) but not for underwater usage. The battery chamber is water resistant.
- High-eyepoint design allows easy viewing even with eyeglasses.
- Capable of measuring different distances in succession, for up to 20 seconds, when the button is held down.
- Measurement range: 10-500 m/11-550 yd./33-999 ft.
- Display in feet as well as metres and yards is available with this model.